News with Headline
1. World Solar Technology Summit:
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) will organize the First world solar technology submit on 8th September, 2020.
- Objective is to provide state of the art technologies and as well as the next generation technologies.
- Key People are the Prime Minister of India and the Dr. M Stanley Whittingham (he won the noble prize for chemistry, 2019 for the discover of lithium ion batteries).
- They also launched the ISA journal on Solar Energy.
- Targets is to achieve the 100 GW Grid-connected Solar Power Plants by the year 2022.
International Solar Alliance (ISA):
- It is the alliance of 121 countries initiated by India. It is the biggest alliance after UN.
- It basically consist of Sunshine Countries which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of cancer and Tropic of Capricorn.
- Headquarters in Gurugram.
- There are 87 countries which are ratified and Nicaragua is the latest country added in this alliance.
- It focuses on achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 7 (universal access energy goal).
2. Bharuch Badbhut Project:
The Gujrat government has awarded the contract for the Badbhut project in Bharuch.
- clearance of the project is given by The Inland Waterway Authority of India.
- This project is on the river Narmada.
- This project is the part of the kalpasar Project.
- Kalpasar project is the 30 Km dam near to the Gulf of Khambhat.
- Kalpasar project will store 25% average annual surface water resources.
- Impact of this project effects on the breeding on Hilsa, Alia bet, an island on the delta of the Narmada will get submerged.
3. Marthoman Jacobite Syrian Cathedral Church.
Kerala government has taken control over the Marthoman Jacobite Syrian church at Mulanthuruthy in Ernakulum district, Kerala.
- The dispute is between the Jacobite and orthodox factions of the Malankara church.
- This church is based on the Gothic architecture. It is the European style of architecture popular in the 12th-16th century.
- Indo-gothic style of architecture are Madras high court, Victoria memorial, The chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus.
4. De-Jure Day Celebration:
The Union Territory Puducherry has celebrated its 59th anniversary of the De-Jure Day on 16th August 2020.
- In 1954 Puducherry became an independent entity. It was taken away from France.
5. Brand Ambassador of Oakley.
The cricketer Rohit Sharma has been made as the brand Ambassador of Oakley.
6. E-portal Swasthya.
The e-portal Swasthya on tribal health and nutrition was inaugurated by the Tribal Affairs minister Arjun Munda.
7. No need to audit PM Cares Fund.
The Supreme Court endorsed the PM CARES Fund as the “Public Charitable trust” to which donors contribute voluntarily. According to the Supreme Court there is no requirement for the Comptroller Auditor General (CAG) to audit the PM CARES Fund.
PM CARES Fund:
- It is a Public Charitable trust with the Prime Minister as its chairman.
- Other members are the Defence Minister, Home Minister and Finance Minister.
- In this people can have micro-donations means large number of people will be able to contribute with the smallest denominations.
- Companies contributions are the part of the CSR (Corporate Sociability responsibility) expenditure.
6. Supreme Court has approved new Advocates as High Court Judges.
The Supreme Court has approved that new 6 advocates to be elevated as judges of the Delhi High Court. This will increase the current strength 32 to 38.
7. 50% Perks cut in Metro.
The Delhi Metro, on Tuesday announced the cut in perks for all employees with the effect of COVID-19 situation, which has not been operating since March 22.
- Perks are all sanctions for house building advance, multi-purpose advance etc.
8. Curbs on China FDI hit GM car plant sale.
Continuing tensions with China at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) could became issue and the government decided the decision on a major U.S- china auto plant deal in Maharashtra, with thousands of jobs on line.
Deal was the U.S owned General Motor of India (GMI) to sell its car manufacturing plant in Telegoan MIDC industrial area, near pune, to China company Great Wall Motors (GWM).
- The acquisition was announced in January 2020 before the government brought in restrictions over Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from neighboring countries.
- The GMI-GWM proposal was the one of more than 200 investment proposal from China received by the DPIIT.
- DPIIT- Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade- It is a central government department body that works under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- FDI in India- There are two modes- first the Automatic Rule, for which companies don’t require the government approval- second one is the Government Route, for which the companies require government approval.
- The new policy implemented is the an entity of an country, which shares land borders with India such as Pakistan, Bhutan, Myanmar, China, Nepal, Afghanistan can invest only through the government route.
- The earlier policy was the only Pakistan and Bangladesh was limited to allowing through the government route in all sectors.
9.Railways deploys “Ninjas” for surveillance.
The railways on Tuesday has introduced a drone-based surveillance system to enhance security at railways stations, tracks, workshops.
10. Digital Quality of Life Index 2020.
Digital Quality of Life Index (DQL) has released by Surfshark.
- This index consists of 85 countries.
- There are five fundamental pillars with which they are measured- Internet affordability, Internet quality, electronic infrastructure, electronic security and electronic government.
- Leading country is Denmark.
- India ranks lowest in the world in the terms of internet access.India’s rank is 57.
11. Swadeshi Microprocessor challenge.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Ravi Shankar Prasad) has announced ‘Swadeshi Microprocessor challenge- Innovate solutions for AtamaNirbhar Bharat’.
- This challenge invites the innovators, startups and students to use microprocessor, developed by IIT-Madras and C-DAC.
- Two microprocessor names as SHAKTI (32 bit) made by IIT-Madras and VEGA (64 bit) made by C-DAC.
- C-DAC: Center for Development of Advance and Computing.
12.Dhanwantri Rath: Ayurveda Health Services.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) and Delhi Police.
- It focuses on extending the Ayurveda preventive and promote Health Services in the residential colonies of Delhi Police.
- Delhi police has been provided by the mobile unit named “DHANWANTRI RATH”.
- Earlier the AIIA and Delhi Police has joint the venture named “AYURAKSHA”.
- All India Institute of Ayurveda organisation comes under the Ministry of Ayush.
- The headquarters of AIIA is in New Delhi.