News with Headlines
1. India could get vaccine by the year end.
The Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has said that India will get the vaccine against the novel coronavirus by the end of this year.
- There are two vaccines one is developed by the Bharat Biotech in collaboration with ICMR and the other by Zydus Cadila Ltd. have been completed.
- The Serum Institute of India (SII) which has partnered with AstraZeneca or manufacturing the vaccine devloped by the university of Oxford has been permitted to conduct its phase 2 and three human clinical trials in India. It is likely to start the trial next week.
2. Farmers’ app for grievances.
Odisha is working on the mobile based application to enable farmers to upload the pictures of the grievances such as water availability in canals and their redressal in a fixed time frame.
- Developed by the Odisha Computer Application Centre (OCDC).
- The function is to command area of projects as Geo-fencing region to forward the grievance to the authority concerned.
- This app follows the 5T modules- Teamwork, Technology,Transparency,Time Leading to Transformation.
3. Council for Transgenders.
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment(Shri Ramdas Athawale) has constituted the National Councils for Transgender persons.
- Social Justice Minister would be the Chairperson of this council and its members would include the officials from some other ministries.
- There are five members from the community they are Laxmi Narayan Tripathi, Gopi Shankar Madurai, Meera Parida, Zanib Javed Patel, Kak Chingtabum Shyamcand Sharma.
4. Sevilla Triumphs.
Sevilla Triumphs won the Europa League for the sixth time, beating Inter Milan 3-2, after Diego Carlos’s overhead kick deflected inn off Romelu Lukaku 16 mins from time, in the thrilling final.
5. Private doctors to get Rupee 50 Lakh insurance cover.
The Maharashtra Government has extended a Rupee 50 lakh insurance cover to private doctors who die due to COVID-19.
6. Rajiv Kumar is Election Commissioner.
Former Finance secretary Rajiv Kumar was on Friday appointed as the Election Commissioner by the centre.
- He has been appointed after Ashok Lavasa, who resigned to join the Asian Development bank.
- He was an ex-IAS officer of the 1984 batch of Jharkhand cadre.
- After retirement, he was selected as the chairperson of the Public Sector Enterprises Selection Board, who selects top officials for PSUs.
7. Turkey to convert another former Church to Mosque.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Friday, has ordered another ancient Orthodox Church that became a Mosque and then a popular Istanbul Museum to be turned back in the place of Muslim worship.
- Name of the Museum is the Kariye Museum.
- Earlier this area is called as the Holy Saviour in Chora.This area is the church in 14th century then it is converted into the Kariye Mosque by the Ottoman Turks in 1453.
- After second world war as turkey pushed ahead with the creation of the more secular new republic the Mosque is turned into the Kariye Museum and opened at 1958.
8. Israel bombs Gaza as rocket fire intensifies.
Israeli warplanes bombed the Hamas-ruled Gaza strip on Friday, as Palestinians fires rockets and launched the fire bombs into southern Israel.
9. DNA technology Bill.
As per the parliamentary standing committee on Science and Technology, the DNA technology Regulation Bill, 2018 could be misused for caste and community based profiling.
- The DNA bill helps us to access the use of technology to establish the identity of persons in matters of crime, parentage dispute, emigration or immigration and transplantation of human organs.
- This Bill established at the National and regional data banks.
- Concerns on the misuse of the sensitive information, storage of DNA profiles of Unconvicted person, overriding of consent, removal of DNA profile of the acquitted.
- Need for this is to the identification of missing children, identifying unidentified deceased, including disaster victims, repeat offenders for heinous crime such as rape and murder.
10. Credit Guarantee for NBFC-MIFs.
NABARD has introduced the partial guarantee programme for Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) – Micro Finance Institutions (MIFs).
- NABARD funded 2500 crore.
- This scheme will be implemented by Vivriti capital and Ujjivan small finance bank.
- NBFC-MIFs are the non-deposit taking financial company with net owned fund is 5 crore.
11. Odisha Bonda Tribe.
Recently, four people from the Bonda tribal community has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Bonda tribe are one of the 13 vulnerable tribal groups found in Odisha.
- Total there are 75 Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) in India.
- Bonda Tribe is regarded as the first forest settlers in India.
- This tribe is the Matriarchal society and the language they spoke is the Remo.
- The large tribal groups population is found in Odisha with overall of the 65 tribal groups.
12. Economy to shrink in Q2, says RBI report.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) foresees the economic contradiction triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic extending into the second quarter.
13. Capital’s air quality improves but still worst among big cities.
Throughout the COVID-19 lock-down tough the air pollution in Delhi is less compared to the year 2019 but the air quality of the city is sill worst among the six large cities in different parameters.
- This data is given by the Centre for Science and Environment.
- The six mega cities which includes- Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore.
- The parameter is based on the PM2.5.
- PM2.5 are the fine inhalable particles, which can get deep into the lungs and even into the bloodstream and cause respiratory diseases.
- The PM2.5 high levels where found in the Delhi and minimum levels at the Bangalore.
14. Arunachal to seek 6th Schedule Status.
Arunachal Pradesh has decided to appeal to the centre for bringing the state under the purview of the sixth schedule of the constitution towards protecting the rights of the indigenous people.
- The 6th schedule provide autonomous council right to the sate. This Schedule is mentioned in the Article 244(2) and Article 2759(1) of the constitution.
- It allows the creation of autonomous districts.
- Each autonomous district has separate regional council and also have the legislative executive council .
- Autonomous and regional council does not have the members more than 30.
- As now there are Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram.
15. Viraat to head the Alang Yard.
Decommissioned Aircraft carrier Viraat is said to be scrapped at a ship breaking yard at Alang in Gujrat soon.
- Sold to Shree Ram Green Ship Recycling Industries of Gujrat.
- Auctioned by the Metal scrap Trade Corporation Limited.
- INS Viraat served in the British Navy as HMS Hermes for 25 years from November 1959 to April 1984.