News with Headlines
1. Delhi government launches Electric Vehicle Policy.
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal launches the electric vehicle policy on Friday. Under which there are incentives of giving subsidy for two-wheeler like E-rickshaws, autos etc up-to 30,000 and subsidy of 1.5 lakh rupees for the electric cars purchased. They are aiming to reach a target of 25% sales of electric cars by the year 2024. Also, said that 200 charging stations were going to developed by next year.
2. Tie-up promises vaccine for India.
The Serum Institute of India,pune (SII) entered a new partnership with GAVI, the vaccine alliance and the Bill and Melinda gates foundation to accelerate delivery up-to 100 million doses of COVID-19 for India and low-middle countries.
3. National Hand-loom Day
- The 6th National Hand-loom Day is observed on the 7th August 2020.
- The 1st hand-loom day was held in Chennai 2015.
- Why 7th August? Because on this date Gandhi Ji launches the Swadeshi Movement in 1905.
- Virtual fair was conducted by Hand-loom Export Promotion Council.
4. USA opposes CUBA in UNHRC.
America has argued with the UN members not to support CUBA’S joining in United Nations Human Right Council (UNHRC).
- Accusation- “Trafficking “ its doctor’s under the guise of Humanitarians Missions.
- USA and CUBA relations strained in 1959 in Cuban Revolution.
United Nations Human Rights Council(UNHRC)-
- Mission is to support Human Rights.
- Has 47 members with 5 regional groups.
- To become a member, country should have 96 votes of 191 states of UN.
- Members are elected for 6 years with Maximum of two consecutive terms of 3 years each.
5. Pakistan launches New Map.
The Prime Minister Imran Khan launches the new map in which he includes the entire erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Sir Creek, Saichen, Junagadh in Gujrat.
- Sir Creek is the 96 Km long strip of water between India and Pakistan border. Creek flows into the Arabian Sea and separates the Runn of Kutch in Gujrat from Pakistan.
- Saichen glaciers is the Second largest glacier located in the Eastern Karakorum in Himalayas.
- Leh District Ladakh is in the Nubra Valley, Lipulekh.
6. India to take part in Kavkaz 2020 in Russia next month in September.
The multilateral exercise of “Russian Kavkaz 2020” to be held in Astrakhan in Russia. The Indian contingent includes 150 Army personnel and smaller number of the Navy and Air Force personnel.
7. Pradeep Kumar Joshi Appointed as the New Chairman of UPSC.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has appointed a new chairman Pradeep Kumar Joshi in August 2020.
- UPSC- Headquarter is in the Dholpur in New Delhi.
- Established on 1 October in 1926.
- Union Public Service Commission is renamed from Federal Public service Commission after Independence.
- Also given a constitutional status under the Constitution of India on 26 January 1950.
8. G.C. Murmu was appointed as the New CAG on 8 August 2020.
Girish Chandra Murmu,IAS has taken a charge of new Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG). He was appointed by the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind with the term length of 6 years or up-to 65 years of age.
9. TRIFED celebrated it’s 33rd anniversary.
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) celebrated it’s 33rd anniversary on 6th August 2020 and also launches Virtual office.
- 81 online work stations and 100 additional converging state and agency workstations.
- Also, launches the Employee Engagement and work Distribution Matrix with Dashboard links.
- TRIFED was set up in the year 1987 and on the same date Deshi Movement was also launched in the year 1905 for Tribal produce and Tribal Marketing.
- Headquarters is in New Delhi.
- Functions- Production of MFP (Minor Forest Produce) for example Timber and second Retail Marketing and Development of Tribal Products.
10. Maharashtra partner with the Google India to provide learning tools for schools.
11. PM inaugurated Rakhtriya Swachhta Kendra.
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi inaugurated Rakhtriya Swachhhta Kendra on 8th August 2020.
- This mission provides information about Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Provides information, awareness and education about Swachhta.
Swachh Bharat Mission –
- Launched on 2nd October 2014.
- World’s largest Behavior Changing Champion.
- Swachh Bharat Mission (urban)– Implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramenn)– Implemented by the Drinking Water and Sanitation which is now comes under the Jal Shakti Ministry.
12. TRAFFIC study on Leopards.
TRAFFIC released a paper titled “SPOTTED” in illegal wildlife trade focuses on the peek of ongoing Poaching and illegal trades of leopards.
According to the data, 747 leopards deaths between 2015-2019 in India in which 596 were linked with the illegal wildlife trade. The highest illegal wildlife trade was incidents in Uttarakhand and Maharashtra. The common trade going is the trading of the skin which is in demand.
TRAFFIC- This is the Organization which stands for the Wildlife Trade Monitoring Network. Basically, this is an NGO ( Non-Governmental Organization) working globally on the trade of wild animals and plants. Founded in 1976, strategic alliance of the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and the International Union for the Conversation of nature.
13. Neena Rai has authored the book “Amazing Ayodhya”
Amazing Ayodhya Book offers the information about the city and the also helps us to understand about the Ancient Hindus like Ram and Sita Stories. Published by the house Bloomsbury.
14. Indian Railways started the OHE inspection app.
OHE stands for Over Head Estimation. It is a real time monitoring app which monitors the overhead wire and if there is any defects in it. The app quickly detect and fix the technical snags.
15. Wreckage of Air India Express jet.
The crash involving a Air India Express at the International Airport in Karipur, Calicut on Friday. It is the Table Top runway build on the top of the plateau or hilly surface, with one or both of the runway overlooking.
There are Five Table Top Runways in India –
- Kozhikode in Kerala.
- Mangalore in Karnataka.
- Shimla in Himachal Pradesh.
- Pakyong in Sikkim.
- Lengpui in Mizoram.
16. India, China Major Generals discuss the situation on Depsang Valley.
India and China on Saturday held talks at the Major-General level to discuss about the issue concerning in the Depsang Valley.
- Venue at Daulat Beg Oldie.
- Two major issues concerning about the Depsang and the Pangong Tso.
- Depsang is located at the LAC (Line of Actual Control) that separates the Indian and Chinese regions.
17. A glimpse of Malgudi at Arasalu Station.
Indian Railways develops the “Museum Malgudi” at Arasalu Station in Shivamogga District, Karnataka.
18. France to help Mauritius deal with the oil spill.
Mauritius is dealing with the oil spill and threatens to became an ecological disaster. France is sending their specialist teams with equipment to help Mauritius.
- Mauritius is an Indian Ocean Island Nation, beaches/reefs/lagoons.
- Capital – Port Louis
- Currency – Mauritian Rupee.